March 11, 2017
This course is the field day portion of the National Wildfire Coordinating Group (NWCG) S-130 Wildland Firefighter training.
Course Date: Saturday March 11, 2017, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (registration begins at 8:00 a.m.)
Location: Black Hawk Park State Historic Site, Rock Island, Illinois
Deadline for Registration: March 6
Deadline for online course completion: EXTENDED to March 6
The intended audience is:
- Land Managers and Owners interested in learning how to use the natural process of prescribed fire to restore and maintain prairie and woodlands.
- Volunteer Land Stewards interested in doing land restoration with their host organizations.
- Rural Fire Departments: Grassfires and agricultural field fires account for most rural fire incidents. This course will apply standard firefighter techniques to this wildland setting teaching to fight fire with fire while earning a nationally recognized certification.
- Agency, NGO, and Contractor Employees: This course meets the standards for individuals participating in prescribed fire on federal lands and wildland fire incidents.
- Certified Illinois Prescribed Burn Manager candidates
Follow this link for registration and contact information:
Problems with the online training. Here are some tips:
Reconfigure your browser as described below. Once you have made these changes, you must remove the course S130 from your to-do-list and then reassign it. You will have to repeat the tutorial, but you should then be able to move forward.
There are three browser requirements that must be met. When configured correctly, the course should track your progress.
*Google Chrome is not a recommended browser*
Please set your browser to:
- Allow pop-ups from NFA Online
- Set Compatibility View for NFA Online
- NFA Online must be set an IE Trusted Site in order to work correctly and track progress
The following link will explain how to make these configuration changes, if you are not already familiar with them.
To print your completion certificate please follow the steps listed below:
- Log in to your NFA/NWCG Online Account.
- Under the “Completed Work” pod, click on the “View All” button.
- Once you see the list of completed courses, you may either select the Print icon on the right hand side of the course or click on the course title and a pop up window will appear and then you may select Print Certificate.